INTERVIEW: EY will hire 25,000 professionals in the tax department

  • EY, a multinational professional services consulting firm, has announced that it will hire 25,000 tax professionals worldwide.
  • It will also recruit 6,000 people for its Worldwide delivery services (GDS) tax team.
  • Around 80% of hiring will be in India and the remaining 20% ​​will be worldwide.

EY, a multinational professional services company based in London, is looking to hire 25,000 tax professionals worldwide.

In an interview with Business Insider, EY announced that it would also recruit 6,000 employees for its Global Delivery Services (GDS) tax team in various countries, including India.

GDS is a global distribution network that is part of EY. He collaborates with the company team for various projects in countries like Argentina, China, India, Philippines, UK, Poland, Hungary and USA – with teams of all EY service lines.

“I think globally, the tax department will recruit 25,000 professionals and GDS will have 6,000 tax recruitments in several countries and that too in different areas”, Ashutosh Rathorglobal tax GDS leader and global leader in the tax industry, told Business Insider India in an exclusive interview.

Around 80% of the GDS tax team recruitment will be from India and the remaining 20% ​​will be from other locations around the world, Rathor said.

EY has offices in these cities in India – Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Noida, Trivandrum and Hyderabad.

EY currently has around 65,000 professionals in the tax team and 14,000 in the GDS tax team.

Hiring EY – here’s everything aspirants need to know

Professionals who know at least one foreign language will be given preference when recruiting for the tax department.

“We bring in some of the best talent and experienced tax professionals beyond campus, especially with foreign language skills. To work with global teams, we would need experts speaking French, German and Italian and of course in tax technical areas where we have experienced people,” Rathor said.

When asked about the specific skills the company is looking for in a candidate, Rathor said, “We are looking for skills ranging from income tax, corporate tax, indirect tax, from personal tax, structuring and planning to managed legal services.”

The opportunity is not only limited for professionals who have worked in this field, but also for beginners. The company has launched a global competition for beginners named ‘EY Young Tax Practitioner of the Year‘ who want to start their career in the tax profession.

EY also offers internships

Besides hiring full-time professionals, EY also offers several internships for students as part of the company’s campus recruitment campaign in various departments such as corporate tax, transfer pricing, taxation indirect and fiscal technology. The company says it eventually hires its interns as full-time employees.

“We have summer, spring, and winter internships where students can join and learn and be hired for a full-time career. Another program – Young Tax Professional of the year is a global program that EY runs globally,” Rathor said.

Rathor added that the attrition rate over the past fiscal year stood at 14%, saying it is the lowest among its peers.

Delhivery delivers parcels to over 90% of India, but will its IPO bring profits to its investors? Here’s what analysts are saying

UK businesses choose profits over sustainability, contrary to public expectations: study


About Author

Comments are closed.