Poland Construction Market Report 2022: Industry Expected to Grow 2.7% in 2022, Down from Previous Forecast of 4.2%, Due to Russia-Ukraine Crisis – ResearchAndMarkets.com

0

DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Poland Construction Market Size, Trends and Forecast by Sector – Commercial, Industrial, Infrastructure, Energy and Utilities, Institutional and Residential Market Analysis, 2022-2026” report has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.

The Polish construction industry is expected to grow by 2.7% in 2022, against a previous forecast of 4.2%, due to the Russian-Ukrainian crisis which is expected to weaken investor confidence in the country during the year if the conflict continues.

Growth in the fourth quarter of 2021 was supported by the resumption of all energy and transport infrastructure projects, as well as the effect of the low base of 2020. According to Eurostat, the value added of the construction sector increased increased by 5% year-on-year (YoY) in Q4 2021, following a year-on-year growth of 4.1% in Q3 and 3.8% in Q2 2021. In addition, the country’s total investment in fixed assets has increased by 7.9% in 2021, compared to a decline of 9% in 2020.

Despite a positive near-term outlook, significant downside risks related to Poland’s proximity to the Russian-Ukrainian conflict are expected to weaken investor confidence, leading to a net capital outflow that will dampen investment in the construction sector.

Furthermore, it will likely put downward pressure on the value of the zloty, increasing the cost of imports and debt financing, further stifling investment in the construction sector. In addition, high inflation, exacerbated by upward pressure on energy and material prices due to the Russian-Ukrainian war, will increase construction costs and impact planned and ongoing construction projects. Classes.

However, support will continue to come from public investments. In June 2021, the Polish Deputy Minister of Infrastructure signed a cooperation agreement with the Spanish Minister of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda, Jose Luis Abalos, for the development of a high-speed rail system Poland, as part of the Solidarity Transport Hub, which includes the construction of an 1,800 km high-speed rail network and the modernization of 2,400 km of rail lines.

The country’s construction industry will register an average annual growth of 3.2% in real terms during the period 2023-2026, supported by government investments in infrastructure and renewable energy projects. Under the Kolej Plus program, the government plans to spend PLN 6.6 billion ($1.7 billion) by 2028, under which the country’s railway infrastructure will be developed in cities that have no no access to rail transport.

In addition, Polska Grupa Energetyczna (PGE) will invest PLN 75 billion ($19.8 billion) in renewable energy projects by 2030, which will contribute to the development of the country’s energy infrastructure. During the forecast period, financial support will be provided by the European Union’s Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF). In August 2021, the EU announced a plan to provide PLN 783.8 billion ($233.7 billion) in financing to the country under the RRF during the period 2021-2027.

Scope

  • Historical (2017-2021) and forecast (2022-2026) assessments of the construction sector in Poland, with details on the main growth drivers

  • Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, energy and utilities, institutional and residential) and by sub-sector

  • Megaproject pipeline analysis, including development stage breakdowns across all sectors, and projected spending for projects in the existing pipeline

  • Lists of major projects, plus details of major contractors and consultants

Main topics covered:

1. Summary

2 Construction industry: at a glance

3 Background

3.1 Economic performance

3.2 Political and policy environment

3.3 Demography

3.4 COVID-19 Status

3.5 Risk profile

4 Construction prospects

4.1 All builds

  • Outlook

  • Latest news and developments

  • Construction project dynamics index

4.2 Commercial construction

  • Outlook

  • Project analysis

  • Latest news and developments

4.3 Industrial construction

  • Outlook

  • Project analysis

  • Latest news and developments

4.4 Infrastructure construction

  • Outlook

  • Project analysis

  • Latest news and developments

4.5 Energy and utility construction

  • Outlook

  • Project analysis

  • Latest news and developments

4.6 Institution building

  • Outlook

  • Project analysis

  • Latest news and developments

4.7 Residential construction

  • Outlook

  • Project analysis

  • Latest news and developments

5 Key Industry Participants

5.1 Contractors

5.2 Consulting

6 Construction market data

7 Appendix

For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1vj685

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.